DEKKER Vacuum Technologies is a privately held company comprised of a manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution facility located in Michigan City, Indiana. Over the last decade, Dekker Technologies has grown to be one the leading vacuum pump, systems, and equipment suppliers in the industry. This growth is based on Dekker’s unique solutions based approach to selling which ensures users receive the best product solution for their application.
An energetic, aggressive, and dynamic leadership team has been put together with the commitment to grow the business significantly over the next five years. With technical expertise, product knowledge, and commitment to exceed customer expectations, Dekker is quickly becoming the partner of choice for an ever increasing number of customers. We are a family friendly culture focused on offering our associates a challenge while balancing quality of life.
We are seeking an experienced, motivated Welder/Fabricator to join our team! You will provide prompt and professional pricing and technical support to customers and clients.
A successful candidate will be able to perform the below responsibilities and have the minimum qualifications:
- Perform MIG and TIG production welding of steel pipe (separators & tanks) in flat, vertical, and overhead positions on vacuum pump assemblies
- Inspect weld length and penetration
- Tack and fit weld assemblies
- Fabricate parts according to specifications utilizing necessary tools and equipment
- Grind parts to a quality finish
- Perform welding and fabrication in accordance with required quality standards
- Perform work safely and wear required safety equipment
- Keep work area clean
- 7-10 years of MIG and TIG and welding and structural fabrication
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, or other fabrication instructions
- Able to weld on a positioner
- Perform quality welding in accordance with customer/quality requirements
- Able to use hand and power tools
- Good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Displays a strong mechanical ability
- Ability to learn quickly
- Must have proactive organizational skills
- Must be able to identify and work within deadlines with the capacity to work independently