Dekker Vacuum Technologies, Inc. is a privately held company comprised of a manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution facility located in Michigan City, Indiana. DEKKER has grown to be one the leading vacuum pump, systems, and equipment suppliers in the industry. This growth is based on DEKKER’s unique solutions-based approach to selling, which ensures users receive the best product solution for their application.
An energetic, aggressive and dynamic leadership team has been assembled with the commitment to continuously grow the business. With technical expertise, product knowledge and the commitment to exceed customer expectations, DEKKER is quickly becoming the partner of choice for an ever-increasing number of customers. We are a family friendly, culture-focused company that consistently offers our team members a challenge while balancing the quality of life.
Michigan City, IN
We are seeking an experienced, motivated Mechanical Engineer to join our team! The ideal candidate will have the ability to apply electrical theory, related knowledge and practical application to the following:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing and drafting vacuum parts, pumps, and systems using 3-D SolidWorks
- Sourcing new components for systems and special projects
- Testing vacuum pump equipment and components and assisting with research and development
- Creating bill of materials, part numbers, and miscellaneous engineering paperwork
- Interfacing various devices with pumps such as switches, motors, couplings, and v-belts
- Writing and editing instruction manuals
- Additional responsibilities will be added as you develop within the engineering department.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience
- Project Management including controlling project costs and cost reduction
- Knowledge of vacuum pump/vacuum systems or rotating equipment and design applications concepts
- Ability to comprehend procedures and information
- Proficient in computer applications including CAD operation using SolidWorks
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude
- Generate P&ID’s for projects
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot issues and correct through action plans
- Effective, professional oral and written communication
- Knowledge of ASME B31.1, B31.3, AWS D1.1, and ASME VIII is preferred, but not required
- May require limited travel
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering and/or other technical degree required - equivalent experience may be substituted.