Position: Field Service Technician
Reports to: After Sales Manager/Production Manager
Dekker Vacuum Technologies, Inc. is a privately held company comprised of a manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution facility located in Michigan City, Indiana. DEKKER has grown to be one the leading vacuum pump, systems, and equipment suppliers in the industry. This growth is based on DEKKER’s unique solutions-based approach to selling, which ensures users receive the best product solution for their application.
An energetic, aggressive and dynamic leadership team has been assembled with the commitment to continuously grow the business. With technical expertise, product knowledge and the commitment to exceed customer expectations, DEKKER is quickly becoming the partner of choice for an ever-increasing number of customers. We are a family friendly, culture-focused company that consistently offers our team members a challenge while balancing the quality of life.
Michigan City, IN
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform diagnosis, service, maintenance and repairs on all industrial vacuum pump and system models
- Assist in preparation of estimates, quotes, and service reports
- Document, organize, and track work orders and related forms
- Accurately bill and invoice for parts/services performed on equipment
- Perform in-house repairs and on-site installations and repair of pump and pumping systems
- Diagnose and repair electric motors and pumps
- Perform equipment set-up and installation on pump applications
- Five years of mechanical experience servicing vacuum pumps/compressors
- Experience diagnosing and repairing electrical motors and pumps
- Ability to pay close attention to detail while maintaining professionalism with customers
- Six months of Service Department experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and M2M
- Able to perform physical work and lift varying loads of up to 70 lbs
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Technical/vocational training
- Unblemished driving record, clear background check
- Ability to travel to on-site locations as required
Dekker Vacuum Technologies, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, LTD, STD, and 401k with company match.