Senior Applications Engineer
Dekker Vacuum Technologies is a privately held company comprised of a manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution facility located in Michigan City, Indiana. Over the last decade, Dekker Technologies has grown to be one the leading vacuum pump, systems, and equipment suppliers in the industry. This growth is based on Dekker’s unique solutions based approach to selling which ensures users receive the best product solution for their application.
An energetic, aggressive, and dynamic leadership team has been put together with the commitment to grow the business significantly over the next five years. With technical expertise, product knowledge, and commitment to exceed customer expectations, Dekker is quickly becoming the partner of choice for an ever increasing number of customers. We are a family friendly culture focused on offering our associates a challenge while balancing qualify of life.
Michigan City, IN
We are seeking an experienced, motivated Applications Engineer to join our team! You will provide prompt and professional pricing and technical support to customers and clients.
A successful candidate will be able to perform the below responsibilities and have the minimum qualifications:
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Establishes a working relationship with customers by communicating via mail, phone, or face-to-face by performing the following duties:
- Guides non-approved external customers to the appropriate channel partner or DSM.
- Responds to internal and approved external customer inquiries related to product pricing and delivery.
- Assists in selection of the best product to meet the customer’s needs.
- Provides first line technical support and documentation to internal and approved external customers for Dekker products and their applications.
- Provides project management on orders requiring special handling.
- Works with appropriate internal departments and suppliers to create price quote for non-standard products where list price is not readily available.
- Reviews specifications and prepares quotations taking special care to document all exceptions or clarifications.
- Prepares submittal packages.
- Coordinates order entry process as required.
- Assures profitability and process ability of all assigned projects and orders.
- Documents all pertinent customer information through the CRM system.
- Provides technical application and product training to Dekker employees, Sales and Customers.
- Leads and participates in departmental and inter-departmental continuous improvement efforts.
- Proposes competitive analyses for both internal and external audiences.
- Monitors product competitiveness on an ongoing basis and reports any trends or issues.
- Responsible for personal development plan and implementation of same.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management.
- Strong mechanical ability, knowledge of pumps, pumping systems, system calculations, and life cycle costs
- Requires high level of interaction among peers and others.
- Ability to manage multiple customer requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Identify and work within deadlines with the capacity to work independently
- Demonstrates ability to own customer requests and follow them to completion
- Exemplary written and verbal English language communication skills
- Capable of communicating to a technical or non-technical audience
- Knowledge of Machine Design relative to shafts couplings, bearings, and lubrication
- Knowledge of various industry standards (HI, ANSI, ISO, etc.) for pumps
- Strong electromechanical skills with understanding of motors, starters and VFDs
- Ability to work with detailed specifications and industry standards
- Understands financial aspects of optimizing profits
- Proficiency in ERP systems, Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of company product, customers and vendors (as acquired through experience)
- Understanding of competition in various markets and regions
- Ability to provide leadership in absence of AE Manager
- Proactive organizational and Customer Service skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid passport
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering or other technical degree required; equivalent experience may be substituted.
- Three (3) years Sales/Engineering experience with pump manufacturer preferred