Dekker Vacuum Technologies, Inc. is a privately held company comprised of a manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution facility located in Michigan City, Indiana. DEKKER has grown to be one the leading vacuum pump, systems, and equipment suppliers in the industry. This growth is based on DEKKER’s unique solutions-based approach to selling, which ensures users receive the best product solution for their application.
Nationally known and growth-oriented Midwestern manufacturer of diversified vacuum pump products is seeking an aggressive and dynamic candidate to focus on increasing sales by managing distributors that represent DEKKER’s products and services, accentuating our brand promise, and develop and maintain a powerful partnership to improve distributor performance. This individual will develop and execute sales plans to meet sales targets and develop new business in this market. This individual will proactively respond to distributor and customer needs, update the company on industry trends, competitor activity, and commercial and technical developments impacting current and future business, in addition to maintaining an acceptable level of technical knowledge.
Michigan City, IN
An energetic, aggressive, and dynamic leadership team has been put together with the commitment to grow the business significantly over the next five years. With technical expertise, product knowledge, and commitment to exceed customer expectations, Dekker is quickly becoming the partner of choice for an ever increasing number of customers. We are a family friendly culture, focused on offering our associates a challenge while balancing quality of life.
We are seeking an experienced, detail-oriented Quality Control Manager to join our team!
A successful candidate will be able to perform the below responsibilities and have the minimum qualifications:
- Manage and continuously improve our quality management system and processes related to all levels of personnel
- Promote quality product and performance improvement
- Work with production personnel to ensure the production and shipment of quality product, including maintaining and improving the quality inspection process
- Develop, communicate, implement and maintain the ISO Quality Management System
- Develop and maintain ISO Quality Management System registration
- Work with purchasing and suppliers to achieve the highest quality standards from suppliers and to ensure an effective supplier receiving inspection process is maintained
- Work with Sales, Engineering, and customers to ensure compliance with customers’ specifications and expectations
- Establish and implement quality objectives and performance measures to monitor the ongoing effectiveness of the business operations and Quality Management System
- Assist in the development and implementation of action plans that will ensure progress toward achieving established targets, quality objectives and business goals
- Identify and provide necessary training to personnel
- Minimum of 5 years of Quality Management, Quality Management Systems and Quality Audit experience in a manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of vacuum pumps and vacuum systems
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a project team environment
- Effective and professional oral/written communication
- Ability to read and interpret prints and specifications
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers
- CMM experience
- Proficient with CRM software
- Project and teamwork skills
- Analytical/conceptual skills
- Problem resolution skills
- Customer and vendor interaction
- Detail oriented
- Verbal and written communications
- Product knowledge
- Technical knowledge
- Pump and pump systems applications
- Bills of Materials
- Systems layout
- Assembly and component drawings
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering or other technical degree preferred; equivalent experience may be substituted.
Dekker Vacuum Technologies, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, LTD, STD, and 401k with company match.