Position: Business Development Manager – West Coast
Reports to: Vice President of Sales
Dekker Vacuum Technologies, Inc. is a privately held company comprised of a manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution facility located in Michigan City, Indiana. DEKKER has grown to be one the leading vacuum pump, systems, and equipment suppliers in the industry. This growth is based on DEKKER’s unique solutions-based approach to selling, which ensures users receive the best product solution for their application.
Nationally known and growth-oriented Midwestern manufacturer of diversified vacuum pump products is seeking an aggressive and dynamic Business Development Manager to join our team and provide prompt and professional pricing and technical support to customers and clients for the West Coast Region. This individual will execute territory sales plans to meet sales targets and develop new business throughout the region. This individual will proactively respond to customer needs, update the company on industry trends, competitor activity, and commercial and technical developments impacting current and future business, in addition to maintaining an acceptable level of technical knowledge. This individual will also participate in and lead promotional efforts for the product line including trade shows, product positioning activities, sales opportunity evaluation, customer procurement and retention and marketing data acquisition and reporting.
A successful candidate will be able to perform the below responsibilities and will possess the following qualifications:
- Create, execute territory sales plans to meet sales goals
- Ability to prospect and develop new business
- Update company on industry trends, competitor activity, and commercial and technical developments that may impact the DEKKER’s current and future business
- Maintain an acceptable level of technical knowledge relative to company products, applications, and service in order to properly sell and promote the product line
- Participate in and lead promotional efforts for the product line including trade shows, product positioning activities, sales opportunity elevation, customer procurement and retention, and market data acquisition and reporting
- Follow Sales Management directives and processes on sales reporting, lead management, and new business development
- Minimum of five years of knowledge and experience in vacuum pump or related sales
- Experience building and maintaining strong working relationships with distributors, customers, and internal support staff
- Demonstrate sales success in regional markets
- Ability to work independently, competitively, be self-motivated and accountable
- Proficiency in computer operations, familiarity with a CRM program is preferred
- Ability to travel 75% of the year
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiations skills
- Valid driver’s license
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering - equivalent experience may be substituted.
Dekker Vacuum Technologies, Inc. offers a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, LTD, STD, and 401k with company match.