After Sales Support Representative
Dekker Vacuum Technologies, Inc. is a privately held company comprised of a manufacturing, warehousing, and distribution facility located in Michigan City, Indiana. DEKKER has grown to be one the leading vacuum pump, systems, and equipment suppliers in the industry. This growth is based on DEKKER’s unique solutions-based approach to selling, which ensures users receive the best product solution for their application.
Michigan City, IN
Nationally known and growth-oriented Midwestern manufacturer of diversified vacuum pump products is seeking a detail-oriented, motivated, technically versed After Sales Support Representative to join our team and provide prompt and professional technical support to customers and clients. This individual is responsible for solving customer issues ranging from equipment malfunctions, parts replacement and manufacturing integration of vacuum systems. This individual will proactively respond to customer needs, provide solutions to issues for aftermarket equipment while maintaining an acceptable level of technical knowledge.
A successful candidate will be able to perform the below responsibilities and will possess the following qualifications:
- Communicate with customers to solve urgent technical issues related to our product line
- Research, troubleshoot and gather information needed to provide solutions
- Provide technical training and support to customers as needed/requested
- Process warranty work and work orders for pump/system repairs
- Collaborate with internal support groups to promote smooth order flow
- Maintain an acceptable level of technical knowledge relative to company products, applications, and service in order to properly support the product line
- Prepare work orders for repairs and update customer information in CRM system
- Minimum two (2) years of industrial maintenance experience
- Minimum two (2) years of customer service experience
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings, schematics, etc.
- Experience building and maintaining strong working relationships with customers, and internal support staff
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and be self-motivated and accountable
- Proficiency in computer operations, familiarity with a CRM program
- Ability to travel 25% of the year
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or equivalent experience with mechanical and/or electrical maintenance in a manufacturing environment.