Michigan City, IN (September 2017) – DEKKER Vacuum Technologies will be presenting the products, experience and knowledge that has made it a world leader in custom engineered industrial vacuum pumps, compressors and vacuum systems, as a returning exhibitor to one of the most significant annual events of the turbomachinery industry.The Turbomachinery & Pump Symposia (TPS2017), to be held at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas, December 12-14, 2017.
Representing DEKKER at booth 2812 of TPS2017:
- Scot Desiderio, Business Development Manager - Chemical/Petrochemical/Oil & Gas/Pulp & Paper/Mining
- John Hyrb, PE, PMP, Business Development Manager - East Coast U.S.
- Bill Schroeder, Business Development Manager - Southwest
DEKKER Impact is Far Reaching
The Turbomachinery & Pump Symposia is organized by the Turbomachinery Laboratory, a center of the Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES) and part of the Texas A&M University System.
As a forum for rotating equipment engineers and technicians worldwide, TPS is recognized for its importance to the turbomachinery, pump, oil and gas, petrochemical, power, aerospace, chemical and waste water industries. This year’s event anticipates 5,500 attendees from 40 countries.
The theme for TPS2017 is “Exchanging Ideas. Impacting the Industry.” Desiderio said that the theme also summarizes DEKKER’s continuing contributions to the significant industries involved. He said, “As one of the world’s leading manufacturers and authorities on liquid ring vacuum pump and specialty gas compression technologies, DEKKER impacts all these industries with one of most comprehensive, safe and reliable product offerings.”
It takes energy to compress any gas, the entire energy used for compression is converted into heat. In the DEKKER liquid ring compressor and vacuum pump the majority of heat is absorbed by the service liquid and discharged with the service liquid. The compression process is then considered to be nearly isothermal.
DEKKER’s solutions-based approach for its EPC and OEM partners include:
- API 681 liquid ring vacuum pumps and compressors for upstream, downstream and petrochemical facilities
- Liquid ring technology for the power industry per HEI standards including condenser exhauster packages, priming packages, hogging systems, vacuum deaerators, turbine gland exhausters, fly ash conveying systems and flue gas desulfurization packages
- Liquid ring vacuum pumps and compressors for the waste water treatment industry including priming systems, biogas production, digester gas compression, wastewater purification/oxygenation of activated sludge tanks, and drying a variety of sludges and by-products
- Rotary piston and rotary vane vacuum pumps that will produce 10^-4 torr for aerospace projects
DEKKER principal product lines for the industries are:
Liquid Ring Pumps/Compressors
- TiTAN-CTM – Bare shaft single acting liquid ring compressors
TiTAN-C is the preferred choice for compressing contaminated and corrosive process gasses because of their ability to handle saturated gas mixtures and large amounts of liquid carried over from the process. Designed for heavy-duty applications, with low operating noise levels and low maintenance. Capacity range from 15 to 1,100 CFM, discharge pressure from 15 to 29 psig.
- Maxima-CTM – Bare shaft double acting liquid ring compressors
Maxima C double acting compressors are the preferred choice for compressing contaminated and corrosive process gasses because of their ability to handle saturated gas mixtures and large amounts of liquid carried over from the process. Designed for heavy-duty applications, with low operating noise levels and low maintenance. Capacity range from 400 to 5000 CFM, discharge pressure from 5 to 90 psig.
- Maxima – Single-stage, large capacity, high-efficiency liquid ring vacuum pumps and compressors
Reliable, heavy-duty design offers reduced seal-liquid consumption, no metal-to-metal contact, external bearings and low operating noise. Maxima-KTM utilizes flat port plates, available in capacities ranging 1,500 ACFM to 39,500 ACFM.
Maxima-CTM features conical porting, available in capacities ranging from 700 to 22,000 ACFM.
Liquid Ring Vacuum Pump Systems
- AquaSealTM – Water-sealed liquid ring vacuum pump systems
Available in capacities from 20 to 39,000 CFM. Offered in a wide variety of materials for tough applications where corrosive gases are present. Available in full, partial and no-recovery configurations.
- ChemSealTM – Liquid ring vacuum pump systems
Since the liquid ring compressor and vacuum pump also acts as a condenser many applications in the process industry will employ one ring liquid as in the case of Binary Distillation. The DEKKER liquid ring can also be sealed with multiple solvents depending on amount of materials condensing in the ring. Systems are available in a capacity range from 15 to 39,000 CFM and operate at vacuum levels down to 25 torr or deeper depending on the vapor pressure of the sealant to be used.
- VmaxTM – Oil-sealed liquid ring vacuum pump systems
Built for the toughest applications. Operates continuously and can tolerate accidental carry-over of liquids and soft solids.
“DEKKER products are manufactured with global industries in mind,” Desiderio said. “They meet or exceed API 681, HEI for surface condensers, TAPPI for pulp & paper, and Process Industry standards for chemical companies.
For more information on Turbomachinery & Pump Symposia 2017, please go to http://tps.tamu.edu/.
Established in 1998, DEKKER Vacuum Technologies manufactures and packages liquid ring vacuum pumps and compressors, rotary piston and rotary vane vacuum pumps and systems for markets such as plastics, packaging, pharmaceuticals, laboratories, metal processing, food processing, chemical, power generation, aerospace and many others. DEKKER is ISO 9001:2008 certified.
DEKKER is a privately held company, operating in an 81,000 square foot manufacturing, distribution and warehouse facility in Michigan City, Indiana.
# # #
DEKKER Vacuum Technologies is either a registered trademark or trademark of DEKKER Vacuum Technologies in the United States and/or other countries.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
For more information, press only:
DEKKER Vacuum Technologies, Inc.
Tel: 219-861-0661 X167