DEKKER Exchanging Ideas & Impacting the Industry at Turbomachinery & Pump Symposia 2018
Michigan City, IN (September 2018) – DEKKER Vacuum Technologies will be presenting the products, experience and knowledge that has made it a world leader in industrial vacuums and compressors at the 47th Turbomachinery & 34th Pump Symposia (TPS2018). TPS is one of the most significant annual events of the turbomachinery industry, held at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas, September 18th through the 20th.
Representing DEKKER at booth 2802 of TPS2018:
- Scot Desiderio, Business Development Manager - Chemical | Petrochemical | Oil & Gas | Pulp & Paper | Mining
- John Hyrb, PE, PMP, Business Development Manager – Eastern U.S. / Canada East
- Bill Schroeder, Business Development Manager – Southwest U.S.
- Cassie Carlson, Marketing
DEKKER's booth is 2802 (red dot represents booth location).
DEKKER Impact is Far Reaching
The Turbomachinery & Pump Symposia is organized by the Turbomachinery Laboratory, a center of the Texas A&M Engineering Experiment Station (TEES) and part of the Texas A&M University System. As a forum for rotating equipment engineers and technicians worldwide, TPS is recognized for its importance to the turbomachinery, pump, oil and gas, petrochemical, power, aerospace, chemical and waste water industries. This year’s event anticipates 5,000 attendees from 46 countries.
The theme for TPS2018 is “Exchanging Ideas. Impacting the Industry.” Scot Desiderio said that the theme also summarizes DEKKER’s continuing contributions to the significant industries involved. He said, “As one of the world’s leading manufacturers and authorities on liquid ring vacuum pump and specialty gas compression technologies, DEKKER impacts all these industries with one of the most comprehensive, safe and reliable product offerings.”
It takes energy to compress any gas, the entire energy used for compression is converted into heat. In the DEKKER liquid ring compressor and vacuum pump the majority of heat is absorbed by the service liquid and discharged with the service liquid. The compression process is then considered to be nearly isothermal.
DEKKER’s solutions-based approach for its EPC and OEM partners include:
- API 681 liquid ring vacuum pumps and compressors for upstream, downstream and petrochemical facilities
- Liquid ring technology for the power industry per HEI standards including condenser exhauster packages, priming packages, hogging systems, vacuum deaerators, turbine gland exhausters, fly ash conveying systems and flue gas desulfurization packages
- Liquid ring vacuum pumps and compressors for the waste water treatment industry including priming systems, biogas production, digester gas compression, wastewater purification/oxygenation of activated sludge tanks, and drying a variety of sludges and by-products
- Rotary piston and rotary vane vacuum pumps that will produce 10-3 torr for aerospace projects
DEKKER principal product lines for the industries are:
Liquid Ring Pumps & Compressors
- TiTAN-CTM – Bare shaft single acting liquid ring compressors
TiTAN-C is the preferred choice for compressing contaminated and corrosive process gasses because of their ability to handle saturated gas mixtures and large amounts of liquid carried over from the process. Designed for heavy-duty applications, with low operating noise levels and low maintenance. Capacity range from 15 to 1,100 CFM, discharge pressure from 15 to 29 psig.
- Maxima-CTM – Bare shaft double acting liquid ring compressors
Maxima-C double acting compressors are the preferred choice for compressing contaminated and corrosive process gasses because of their ability to handle saturated gas mixtures and large amounts of liquid carried over from the process. Designed for heavy-duty applications, with low operating noise levels and low maintenance. Maxima-CTM features conical porting, available in capacities ranging from 700 to 22,000 ACFM.
- Maxima-KTM – Single-stage, large capacity, high-efficiency liquid ring vacuum pumps and compressors
Maxima-K heavy-duty impeller features reinforcing rings to improve strength of the impeller blades and thus the durability of the pump. Packed gland sealing is standard, featuring a split ring gland for ease of maintenance. Maxima-KTM utilizes flat port plates, available in capacities ranging 1,500 ACFM to 39,500 ACFM.
Liquid Ring Vacuum Pump Systems
- AquaSealTM – Water-sealed liquid ring vacuum pump systems
Available in capacities from 20 to 39,000 CFM. Offered in a wide variety of materials for tough applications where corrosive gases are present. Available in full, partial and no-recovery configurations.
- ChemSealTM – Liquid ring vacuum pump systems
Since the liquid ring compressor and vacuum pump also acts as a condenser many applications in the process industry will employ one ring liquid as in the case of Binary Distillation. The DEKKER liquid ring can also be sealed with multiple solvents depending on amount of materials condensing in the ring. Systems are available in a capacity range from 15 to 39,000 CFM and operate at vacuum levels down to 25 torr or deeper depending on the vapor pressure of the sealant to be used.
- VmaxTM – Oil-sealed liquid ring vacuum pump systems
Built for the toughest applications. Operates continuously and can tolerate accidental carry-over of liquids and soft solids.
“DEKKER products are manufactured with global industries in mind,” Desiderio said. “They meet or exceed API 681, HEI for surface condensers, TAPPI for pulp & paper, and Process Industry standards for chemical companies.
For more information on Turbomachinery & Pump Symposia 2018, click here.
For more information, press only:
DEKKER Vacuum Technologies, Inc.
Tel: 219-861-0661 X167