DEKKER Vacuum Technologies Has Plastics Covered at NPE2018
Michigan City, IN (March 2018) – DEKKER Vacuum Technologies, world leader in vacuum solutions for the plastics industry, will be represented at the industry’s premier trade show, NPE2018: The Plastics Show.
NPE2018, produced by the Plastics Industry Association (PLASTICS), is the only international plastics event produced by the industry for the industry, and is recognized as the world’s largest plastics trade show and conference.
With the theme, “We’ve Got It Covered,” NPE2018 will be held May 7 – 11, 2018, in Orlando, Florida. DEKKER will be located at booth W8286 in Hall E of West Hall Level 2 – Expo Hall of NPE2018.
Blue dot represents DEKKER Vacuum’s booth (W8286)
DEKKER Meets the Industry at NPE2018
With its presence at NPE2018, DEKKER connects with customers and other top-echelon industry professionals who can benefit from DEKKER’s superior product lines, custom solutions and “gold-level” service.
NPE2018 will be attended by more than 65,000 professionals from 128 countries, representing more than 20,000 companies from every segment of the plastics industry. Top industries represented include:
- Chemicals and Plastics
- Bottling and Beverages
- Building and Construction
- Consumer Products
The DEKKER team that will be on hand at the event:
- Rodney Weeks, Business Development Manager – Western U.S. / Canada West: Over 20 years of experience in mechanical sales, with a background in rotary equipment, specializing in vacuum technology for a wide range of applications including wood working, thermoforming, graphic arts, and healthcare.
- Chris Kauffman, Business Development Manager – Midwest: Over 25 years of sales and industrial experience with mechanical equipment, with emphasis in vacuum pumps and compressors for the medical, plastics, woodworking, food, and beverage industry.
- John Hyrb, PE, PMP, Business Development Manager – Eastern U.S. / Canada East: More than 25 years of experience with vacuum and compressed gas systems as an accomplished engineering specialist, project manager and technical sales manager, in chemical, oil and gas, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, power, pulp and paper, mining, wastewater treatment and food and beverage process industries.
- David Cruz, Business Development Manager – Latin America: Nearly a decade of experience in industrial and mechanical sales as a Sales Engineer, Product Manager and Sales Manager, with a focus on vacuum pumps and systems. David is responsible for developing and consolidating new business channels in Mexico and Central & South America.
- Kim Baxter, Business Development Manager – OEM: Over 20 years of experience in distribution, sales and entrepreneurism in the automotive industry, working with industry manufacturers such as Firestone, Black & Decker, Plasticolor, DeWalt, and Viair.
DEKKER Has Plastics Covered
Vacuum has numerous applications that are essential to the manufacture of plastics. DEKKER sets the standard in meeting application requirements with superbly engineered product lines that are the workhorses of the industry, delivering solidly reliable vacuum under all conditions.
DEKKER product lines include:
TiTAN™ series high-efficiency liquid ring vacuum pumps
Ideal for the following Plastics applications: Pelletizing, conveying, blending/moisture removal, degassing, extruding, calibrating tables/plastic profiling, CNC routers
- Single-stage capacities ranging from 6 to 1200 CFM
- Two-stage capacities from 15 to 2000 CFM
- Can operate using various seal-fluids
AquaSeal™ water-sealed liquid ring vacuum pump systems
Ideal for the following Plastics applications: Pelletizing, conveying, blending/moisture removal, degassing, extruding, calibrating tables/plastic profiling
- Capacities ranging from 15 - 39,000 CFM
- No recovery systems
- Partial recovery systems
- Full recovery systems
- Uses water as the seal-liquid
V-Max™ oil-sealed liquid ring vacuum pumps and systems
Ideal for the following Plastics applications: Conveying, blending/moisture removal, degassing, extruding, calibrating tables/plastic profiling, thermoforming, CNC routers
- Capacities ranging from 35 - 5,000 CFM
- The only system on the market with a full 3-year warranty
DuraVane™ rotary vane vacuum pumps and systems
Ideal for the following Plastics applications: Conveying, calibrating tables/plastic profiling, thermoforming, CNC routers
- Lubricated single-stage pumps in capacities ranging from 2 – 710 FM
- Dry (oil-free) pumps in capacities ranging from 2 – 71 CFM
- High vacuum pumps for operating in the pressure range of 7.5 x 10-1 down to 7.5 x 10-3 Torr (total final pressure unless otherwise specified), in capacities ranging from 2 – 12 CFM
An Essential Industry That’s Growing
According to the PLASTICS report “2017 Size & Impact,” plastics is the third largest manufacturing industry in the United States. It is a $418 billion industry that employs nearly 1 million workers.Employment in the plastics industry has grown 1.4 percent since 2012, and the industry has enjoyed 1.6 percent growth per year in real value added from 2012 to 2016. The plastics industry is found in all 50 states. As a percentage of total non-farm employment, the plastics industry is most important to Indiana, where it accounts for 16.5 of every 1,000 non-farm jobs. Michigan is a close second.
For more information on NPE2018 and plastics, please go to www.npe.org/
To download the DEKKER brochure on Plastics Manufacturing Solutions, click here: Plastics Manufacturing Brochure.
Established in 1998, Dekker Vacuum Technologies manufactures and packages liquid ring vacuum pumps and compressors, rotary piston and rotary vane vacuum pumps and systems for markets such as plastics, packaging, pharmaceuticals, laboratories, metal processing, food processing, chemical, power generation, aerospace and many others. DEKKER is ISO 9001:2008 certified, and can build to API 681, PIP 004 and NFPA 99 for healthcare and laboratories.
DEKKER is a privately held company with more than 60 employees, operating in an 81,000 square foot manufacturing, distribution and warehouse facility in Michigan City, Indiana.
# # #
Dekker Vacuum Technologies is either a registered trademark or trademark of Dekker Vacuum Technologies in the United States and/or other countries.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
For more information, press only:
Dekker Vacuum Technologies, Inc.
Tel: 219-861-0661 X167