AquaSeal - Cleaning Water Sealed Pumps
Each AquaSeal system is tested and checked at the factory prior to shipment to ensure trouble-free operation. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, we recommend that you consult with your local distributor for parts/service. Remember, when calling for service, parts or system information, always have the pump or system model number and serial number ready
Click here to find your local authorized distributor
WARNING! Before attempting any repairs, disconnect all power from the system by switching off power at the main breaker or disconnect switch. Always use appropriate Lock Out – Tag Out procedures.
When water scale, lime, mud and/or rust accumulates on the water side of a liquid ring vacuum pump, it drastically reduces capacity and overall efficiency, increases power consumption and ultimately causes the pump to lock up and the electric motor to cut out on overload.
To disassemble the pump and remove scaling or rust from all the internal parts would be very time-consuming and costly. To simplify cleaning we offer Scale-eX, a simple noncorrosive, nontoxic, biodegradable descaler which gives excellent results in a fraction of the time.
To use Scale-eX:
- Take unit out of service.
- Remove all drain plugs and allow water to drain from pump casing. Replace drain plugs.
- Remove discharge piping.
- Disconnect seal-water piping, drain and close isolation valve.
- Fill pump completely with Scale-eX and allow it to sit for a minimum of 3 hours.
- During this period, rotate the impeller 90 degrees every 15 minutes by turning the shaft by hand.
- After 3 hours the pump should be clean and the rotor should turn freely by hand.
- Drain the pump and flush with water until all residues have been removed.
- Reinstall drain plugs and piping, open seal-water isolation valve and run pump for a minimum of 10 minutes to thoroughly flush pump.
Pump is now ready for service. Repeat above procedure as necessary.
Download the PDF