Each DuraVane rotary vane vacuum system is tested and checked at the factory prior to shipment to ensure trouble-free operation. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, we recommend that you consult with your local distributor for parts/service. Remember, when calling for service, part, or system information, always have the pump or system model number and serial number ready.
Click here to find your local authorized distributor
WARNING! Before attempting any repairs, disconnect all power from the system by switching off power at the main breaker or disconnect switch. Always use appropriate Lock Out – Tag Out procedures.
Proclean 68D devarnishing compound is specially formulated to remove dirt, sludge and varnish from lubricated rotary vane vacuum pumps.
Indications that cleaning is needed are high-running temperatures, dirty and sludgy oil and signs of varnishing inside the pump. In that case, follow the cleaning procedures described below:
1. While the oil is hot, drain pump including all low areas.
2. Send sample of drained oil to DEKKER Vacuum Technologies for analysis.
DEKKER Vacuum Technologies
Attn: Service Department
935 S. Woodland Ave.
Michigan City, IN 46360
3. Inspect separator element and oil filter. Clean or replace if necessary.
4. Fill the system with Proclean 68D and run for 500 hours. In most cases, the machine can operate normally. If in doubt, call DEKKER Vacuum Technologies Service Department at 1-888-925-5444.
5. After 500 hours, send sample of used cleaning fluid to DEKKER Vacuum Technologies for analysis.
6. Refill system with Duratex specially formulated oil for lubricated rotary vane vacuum pumps. System is ready for service unless the system was heavily varnished.
7. If heavily varnished, or on recommendation of DEKKER Vacuum Technologies, repeat above procedures as necessary
Download the PDF