Installing Program Into Siemens Logo PLC - 0BA3 & 0BA4
Each Vmax system is tested and checked at the factory prior to shipment to ensure trouble-free operation. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, we recommend that you consult with your local distributor for parts/service. Remember, when calling for service, parts or system information, always have the pump or system model number and serial number ready.
Click here to find your local authorized distributor
WARNING! Before attempting any repairs, disconnect all power from the system by switching off power at the main breaker or disconnect switch. Always use appropriate Lock Out - Tag Out procedures.
In the event the Siemens LOGO! PLC requires an update to the program (not just the parameters), a new program can be installed through the use of an EEPROM chip. Programs are kept on file at DEKKER Vacuum Technologies. Copies of the original program supplied in the PLC or modified programs can be purchased through DEKKER Vacuum.
This procedure is used for Siemens part numbers that end in 0BA3 and 0BA4. To determine the part number of the logic controller, look at the last 4 digits of the part number located just below the “escape” (ESC) and OK buttons.
To install the program:
- Shut off the power to the system at the disconnect.
- Install the EEPROM chip into the PLC.
- Turn on the power to the system at the disconnect.
- If the program on the EEPROM chip is different than the program stored on the Siemens LOGO! PLC, you will see a bar on the bottom of the PLC screen (=====) while the program is loading. After the program has completed loading, the bar will disappear. If the program on the EEPROM chip is the same as the program stored on the Siemens LOGO! PLC, the bar will not appear.
- Flash is complete.
- New screen appears with Prog, Card, Clock, Start
- Scroll down to Start, then press OK
- Remove the EEPROM from the face of the PLC. Power does not have to be turned off to remove the EEPROM.
- Program installation is complete.
Download the PDF