How To Submit Oil Sample For Analysis
Each Vmax system is tested and checked at the factory prior to shipment to ensure trouble-free operation. In the unlikely event you encounter a problem, we recommend that you consult with your local distributor for parts/service. Remember, when calling for service, parts or system information, always have the pump or system model number and serial number ready.
Click here to find your local authorized distributor
WARNING! Before attempting any repairs, disconnect all power from the system by switching off power at the main breaker or disconnect switch. Always use appropriate Lock Out – Tag Out procedures.
Vmax oil-sealed liquid ring vacuum systems are shipped with our specially formulated Vmaxol seal fluid. These fluids are specifically designed to provide low viscosity, excellent water separating qualities, antifoaming characteristics and low oxidation. When using our standard Vmaxol products, it is recommended that the seal fluid (oil) be changed every 10,000 hours of operation. When using Synthetic/Foodgrade Vmaxol, seal fluid may be changed every 15,000 hours of operation. Extreme operating conditions may require more frequent changes.
To determine if your oil requires changing, DEKKER offers free oil analysis to our customers. To submit a sample of Vmaxol seal fluid:
- Run the vacuum system for a minimum of 10 minutes prior to taking the oil sample.
- Place a 4- to 6-ounce oil sample in a clean plastic container. Warning: Oil will be hot! Be sure the lid seals securely to prevent oil leakage during shipment.
- Attach the following information to the oil sample bottle:
- Your company name, address, phone number, fax number
- Your name and email address
- Model number and serial number of the vacuum system
- Number of hours on the machine
- Number of hours on the oil
- Type of oil (Vmaxol Standard oil, Vmaxol Synthetic/Foodgrade oil, Vmaxol Styrene oil for styrene applications)
- Send oil sample to DEKKER Vacuum Technologies for analysis
DEKKER Vacuum Technologies, Inc.
Attn: Service Department
935 S. Woodland Ave.
Michigan City, IN 46360
Download the PDF