DEKKER at IWF 2018: More Power for Your People and Your Process
DEKKER Vacuum Technologies, a world leader in vacuum solutions for CNC routing, returns to IWF 2018, the International Woodworking Fair, to be held August 22nd – 25th at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia. The bi-annual event is the largest showcase in the Western Hemisphere for the furniture manufacturing, architectural woodwork, custom and general woodworking industries.
At IWF, DEKKER looks to strengthen its close affiliation with the woodworking industry as the leading supplier of vacuum pumps and systems, as a resource of vacuum expertise for woodworking applications, and as a trusted provider of custom-engineered solutions.
Underscoring the importance of the event, DEKKER will be represented at IWF by one of its largest teams to attend a major industry show:
- Rodney Weeks, Business Development Manager - West Coast U.S. / Canada West
- John Hyrb, PE, PMP, Business Development Manager – Eastern U.S. / Canada East
- Chris Kauffman, Business Development Manager – Midwest U.S.
- Kim Baxter, Business Development Manager – OEM
- Sajid Khan, Research and Development Manager
- Cassie Carlson, Marketing
DEKKER's booth is located in Building B Exhibit Hall Level (blue dot represents booth 4241).
DEKKER Provides the Power
“The overall outlook for the industry is positive, but we expect to meet a lot of attendees at IWF discussing some critical issues, such as a shrinking workforce and foreign competition,” said Kauffman. “A strategy to respond to these issues for any company in the woodworking industry is to realize greater efficiencies from their technology and workforce.”
“DEKKER’s wide range of vacuum pumps and systems can be precisely configured to give any business maximum control of its woodworking process. DEKKER gives more power to your people and your process.”
DEKKER product lines offer numerous options to meet all high-demand woodworking and furniture-making applications, primarily (but not limited to):
- CNC routing
- Material Handling
DEKKER’s VmaxVFD (variable frequency drive) oil-sealed liquid ring vacuum pump systems with TiTAN liquid-ring pumps set the woodworking industry standard for performance. The systems resolve the two most common issues of the woodworking environment – hold-down force and sawdust carryover.
The VmaxVFD uses a variable frequency drive (VFD) to control the speed of the vacuum system motor to match vacuum demand.
- Provides maximum hold: vacuum is maintained as leakage in the process increases
- Can save up to 50% of the energy cost required to operate the system
- Reduces waste and material damage through reduced part slippage
- Allows for simple, cost-effective expansion for increased demand
- Proven superior performance, which is why it is the only system on the market with a full 3-year warranty
TiTAN liquid-ring pumps are built to withstand carryover of liquids and soft solids, such as sawdust.
- Designed for heavy-duty applications
- External bearings are isolated from the pumping chamber: no metal-to-metal contact inside the chamber
- Available in capacities ranging from 15 to 2,000 CFM
- For larger capacities, the DEKKER Maxima-K series pumps feature capacities up to 39,000 CFM
DuraVane rotary vane vacuum pump systems feature superior DEKKER design that have made them industry mainstays. DuraVane models are extremely reliable, economically priced, and are available in multiple configurations, such as stack-mounted, base-mounted or tank-mounted units.
DuraVane lubricated rotary vane vacuum pumps:
- Single-stage pumps with an integrated, closed-loop oil circulation system
- Heavy-duty construction, small footprint
- 50,000 hours of vane life
- Standard industrial packages in capacities ranging from 2.2-710 CFM per pump
DuraVane 100% oil-free (dry) rotary vane vacuum pumps:
- Air-cooled, non-lubricated pumps
- Heavy-duty, extremely reliable
- Longer vane life and less vane replacement, lower maintenance cost
- Available in capacities from 2 – 95 CFM (0.2 – 10 HP), maximum pressure up to 15 psig
AquaSeal water-sealed liquid ring vacuum pump systems are available in no recovery systems, partial recovery (water savings of 30-50%), and full recovery (recovers and re-uses close to 100% of the seal-water). Capacities range from 15 – 39,000 CFM.
HullVac single-stage (52 to 850 CFM) and two-stage (32 to 340 CFM) rotary piston vacuum pumps are perfect for the toughest industrial environments and include the DEKKER industry-best three-year warranty.
DEKKER at IWF: Person to Person
More than 27,000 industry professionals from around the world attended the 2016 show. “IWF helps us connect on a person-to-person level,” Kauffman said.
“Every woodworking pro who stops at our booth has unique requirements. Their workshops may be large or small. Their people may be highly experienced or less so. DEKKER supports the rich tradition of craftsmanship through the in-depth expertise of our engineering team. Our ability to create custom-engineered solutions can put any woodworking enterprise in the best position for success.”
DEKKER’s renowned “Gold Standard” technical support is a knowledge-backed guarantee based on the combined experience of its elite team of vacuum experts dedicated to resolve system challenges, streamline processes and optimize results. DEKKER full-service support begins with first contact, continues through the sale and is maintained for the life of the client relationship.
To view the DEKKER brochure on Woodworking Vacuum Solutions, click here: Woodworking Vacuum Solutions.
IWF is owned and sponsored by WMMA (Woodworking Machinery Manufacturers Association) and WMIA (Woodworking Machinery Industry Association). For more information on the International Woodworking Fair 2018, please visit www.iwfatlanta.com/.
# # #
DEKKER Vacuum Technologies is either a registered trademark or trademark of DEKKER Vacuum Technologies in the United States and/or other countries.
The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
For more information, press only:
DEKKER Vacuum Technologies, Inc.
Tel: 219-861-0661 X167